The semi-final of the Irish Junior Eurovision selection has taken place, with the finalists decided. The show was hosted by Louise Cantillon.
Similar to previous editions of the competition, the results will be decided by a jury panel. Two of the judges will be permanent fixtures, and they are:
- Niamh Ní Chróinín – Radio presenter, manager of Irish-language youth radio station Raidió Rí-Rá
- Fiachna Ó Braonáin – Member of Hothouse Flowers (interval act at Eurovision 1988), judge on Junior Eurovision Éire between 2016 and 2018, composer of the Irish Junior Eurovision song of 2019
The guest judge this week was Lesley Roy who represented Ireland in 2021.
Each of the participants performed popular songs in Irish. The judges selected the first two finalists, with another two artists progressing to a sing-off. After performing, the judges chose the last finalist.
- Shannon Copeland – “New York”
- Maiú Levi Lawlor – “Grace”
- Alison McGrath – “Ghost”
- Lilyella Buckley – “Lost Without You”
- Cora Harkin – “Shut Up and Dance”
- Sophie Lennon – “Hold Me While You Wait”
- Julie Cole – “The Man Who Can’t Be Moved”
- Eva Norton – “Hold My Hand”
Qualifying directly to the final were Lilyella Buckley and Sophie Lennon. Maiú and Julie progressed to the sing-off, which Maiú ultimately selected by the judges.