Last week we reported that the twelve competing entries in the Russian national final for Junior Eurovision had been released, and that the public voting had begun. Over the weekend, the final show took place where the next Russian Junior Eurovision representative was chosen!
The show was broadcast on the television channel Karusel, and was held at the Artek Camp in Crimea. The winner of the show was chosen through a mixture of public online voting as well as a professional jury vote.
Here is the full list of participants:
- Arkadiy Yevtushenko – Ya zdes (I’m here)
- Mishel Zadorozhnaya – Podelis mechtoy (Share your dream)
- Aleksandra Kirilchuk – Family tree
- Yelizaveta Kuklishina – Mechta moya (My dream)
- Group Dodostar – Poslushay (Listen)
- Evelina Mazurina – Poy dushoy (Sing your soul)
- Group Matreshki – Vse mezhdu nami (All between us)
- Tatyana Melnichenko – Schastye na ladonyakh (Happiness in the palm of your hands)
- Diana Smykova – Barabum
- Ivan Starikov – Neutomimyye (Tireless)
- Anna Filipchuk – Nepobedimy (Invincible)
- Anya Yakubuk – Vselennaya (Universe)
The winner of the show with a total of 9.91% of the votes was Anna Filipchuk with her song Nepobedimy (Invincible). Watch the performance here:
Although the contest will be held in Minsk, Anna will technically be the defending entry for Russia, as they won the contest in 2017 with Polina Bogusevich and her song Wings. The contest will take place on the 25th of November at the Minsk Arena in Belarus.