Last night the final for the debut season of the X Factor Malta took place, where the final four acts competed to be crowned the first ever winner of the competition. As we also know, the winner of the competition would also get the ticket to represent Malta at Eurovision.
The four competitors were:
- Michela Pace
- Nicole Frendo
- Owen Leuellen
Throughout the show there were various rounds of voting, however each of the artists performed a solo song, and then a duet song. Here are the songs the participants performed:
- Petra – You Don’t Own Me
- Nicole Frendo – Russian Roulette
- Owen Leuellen – (Original song)
- Michela Pace – Total Eclipse of the Heart
- Petra featuring Ray Mercieca – Be My Guest
- Nicole Frendo featuring Keith Debono – Just Give Me a Reason
- Owen Leuellen featuring Ira Losco – Hey Now
- Michela Pace featuring Joseph Calleja – Perfect
After this round, the acts faced the public vote where it was decided that Petra would be eliminated.
The last three acts performed another entry:
- Owen Leuellen – (original song)
- Nicole Frendo – Kemm hu Sabiħ
- Michela Pace – Inti Djamant
After this round, Nicole Frendo was eliminated leaving Owen Leuellen and Michela Pace for the final sing-off. After the sing-off, the vote was left to the public once again and it was decided that Michela Pace would win the debut season of The X Factor Malta, and go on to represent the nation at Eurovision this year.
Michela Pace is just 17 years old and comes from the Island of Gozo. During the competition she was coached by Howard Keith Debono. The song that she will perform will be internally selected and released at a later date.
For now, watch her final performances below: