Maltese broadcaster PBS has now revealed the singers that will be competing to represent Malta at this year’s Junior Eurovision Song Contest.
The submissions sent into the broadcaster were reviewed by a panel, who selected the strongest 12 acts to continue in the selection process. The competing entries are as follows:
- Leah Cauchi – Anġli (Angels)
- Leah Mifsud – Anywhere
- Isaac Tom – Beside Me
- Mariah Cefai – Change the Silence
- Chanel Monseigneur – Chasing Sunsets
- Yulan Law & Gianluca Cilia – Deck of Cards
- Kaya Gouder Curmi – Made of Stars
- Emma Cutajar – Modern-Day Cinderella
- Anneka Xerri – Moving
- Zaira Mifsud & Eksenia Sammut – Only Live Once
- Michela Caruana – Replay
- Mychael Bartolo Chircop – The Child From Inside
During the first half of September, the finalists will perform for a jury. The performances will be filmed and broadcast on TVM and on social media, where the public will be able to vote. Voting will open in mid-September, and the winner will be announced late September.
There is a familiar face in the line-up, with that being former Maltese representative Gianluca Cilia. He previously participated in 2017 with the song Dawra Tond, which finished in 9th place. If he wins this year’s selection, he would be the first returning male artist at Junior Eurovision, and the third returning artist at Junior Eurovision overall.
Listen to Gianluca’s Junior Eurovision entry from 2017 below: