The participants for the second Quarterfinal of Eesti Laul have been revealed by the broadcaster.
A total of 10 artists will compete in the second quarter-final. The second quarter-final will take place on the 27th of November.
Here are the competitors:
- Helen – “Vaatu minu poole” (Look at me)
- Wiiralt – “Kuradile” (Damn it)
- Desiree – “Siiani” (So far)
- Andrei Zevakin feat. Grete Paia – “Mis nüüd saab” (What now)
- Silver Jusilo – “Elu rüpes” (In the midst of life)
- Jyrise – “Plaksuta” (Clap)
- Frants Tikerpuu and Triin Niitoja – “Laululind” (Songbird)
- An-Marlen – “Lõpuks muutub” (It finally changes)
- Meisterjaan – “Vahel lilhtsalt” (Sometimes just)
- Kaia-Liisa Kesler – “Vaikus” (Silence)
This will be the first time since 1998 where an Estonian selection show does not feature any songs in English.
Changes to the Eesti laul Format
In the quarterfinals, five songs from each show will progress to the semi-finals. Three qualifying songs will be chosen by the public, and two by a jury. The semi-finals will feature two rounds. The first round will see the jury vote winners qualify to the final, while the public vote determines the winners of the second round.
The Grand Final will follow a familiar format, with the show split into two rounds. The first round will determine the acts in the Super Final, and those acts are decided equally between jury and public vote. In the Super Final, solely the public vote will determine the winner.
There are additional plans to host a show between April and May called Eesti Laulu, which will feature performances from the Super Finalists.