Former Eurovision representative Aminata returns to the Latvian selection this year, with the list of 16 participants now known. A total of 17 acts will compete, with 16 of those acts announced.
Supernova returns in 2022 after a one-year break. 16 competing acts are now known, with the 17th to be a wildcard act. The competing acts will perform in a semi-final which will take place on the 5th of February. The qualifiers will return for the final, which will take place on February 12th.
The 17th track will be determined by the public, with voting open between the 10th and 14th of February. The songs in the running were ranked 17th to 26th by the jury from the entries submitted to the broadcaster. The most popular entry among these will join the main Supernova competition.
Here is the list of the known participants:
- Aminata – “I’m Letting You Go”
- Beatrise Heislere – “On the way home”
- Bermudu Divstūris – “Bad”
- BUJĀNS – “He, She, You & Me”
- Citi Zēni – “Eat Your Salad”
- Elīna Gluzunova – “Es pabiju tur” (I was there)
- Inspo – “A Happy Place”
- KATŌ – “Promises”
- Linda Rušeniece – “Pay My Own Bills”
- Markus Riva – “If You’re Gonna Love Me”
- Mēs Jūs Mīlam – “Rich Itch”
- Miks Dukurs – “First Love”
- Patriks Peterson – “Can’t Get You Outta My Head”
- RAUM – “Plans”
- the COCO’NUTS – “In and out of the dark”
- Zelma – “How”
Most notably, the line-up includes Aminata. She represented Latvia in 2015 with the song Love Injected, finishing 6th in the final. The line-up also features Bermudu Divstūris who represented Latvia in 2011 as part of Musiqq.
BUJĀNS consists of 2009 representative Intars Busulis, and Reinis Sējāns who was a part of the 2006 representatives, Cosmos. Ralfs Eilands, who is competing as part of Mēs Jūs Mīlam was also a part of PeR, who represented Latvia in 2013.
You can listen to the songs in the playlist below: