Icelandic broadcaster RÚV revealed the ten competing artists in the upcoming edition of Söngvakeppnin, the Icelandic Eurovision selection.
Five entrants will compete in each of the two semi-finals, with just two qualifying from each semi-final.
Here are the competitors:
- BRAGI – “Stundum snýst heimurinn gegn þér” ( Sometimes the world turns against you) / “Sometimes the World’s Against Us”
- MÓA – “Glötuð ást” (Lost love) / “Lose This Dream”
- Bendeikt – “Þora” (Dare) / “Brave Face”
- Celebs – “Dómsdagsdans” (Doomsday dance) / “Doomsday Dancing”
- Diljá – “Lifandi inni í mér” (Living inside) / “Power”
- Kristín Sesselja – “Óbyggðir” (Uninhabited) / “Terrified”
- Langi Seli og Skuggarnir – “OK”
- Silja Rós & Kjalar – “Ég styð þína braut” (I support your path) / “Together We Grow”
- Úlfar – “Betri maður” (A better man) / “Impossible”
- Sigga Ózk – “Gleyma þér og dansa” (Forget yourself and dance) / “Dancing Lonely”
In the semi-finals, the artists must sing the Icelandic versions of their entries. In the final, the artists may select to perform in either Icelandic or English, whichever they intend to perform at Eurovision should they win.
The semi-finals will take place on February 18th and 25th, with the final to take place on March 4th.
Listen to the Icelandic versions here, and the English versions, here.