Eurovision news is coming in hot, and the next nation to announce their national final line-up is Italy! The Festival di Sanremo is a national tradition, and has more recently been used to determine who will represent Italy at Eurovision.
This year there has been a format change to Sanremo with the competition comprising of just one category featuring newcomers and big artists combined, rather than the previously adopted ‘Big’ and ‘Nuove Proposte’ categories which were two separate contests under the umbrella of Sanremo.
Recently a competition has been held titled Sanremo Giovani, which was a competition based around newcomers who could earn a place in the Sanremo line-up. Two artists were selected, with those being Einar and Mahmood, with both their entries to be revealed at a later date.
Here is the full Sanremo line-up:
- Achille Lauro – Rolls Royce
- Anna Tatangelo – “Le nostre anime di notte” (Our souls at night)
- Arisa – Mi sento bene (I feel good)
- Boomdabash – Per un millione (For a million)
- Daniele Silvestri – Argento vivo (Quicksilver)
- Einar – TBD
- Enrico Nigiotti – Nonno Hollywood (Grandpa Hollywood)
- Ex-Otago – Solo una canzone (Just a song)
- Federica Carta & Shade – Senza farlo apposta (Without doing it on purpose)
- Francesco Renga – Aspetto che torni (I wait for you to come back)
- Ghemon – “Rose Viola” (Purple roses)
- Il Volo – “Musica che resta” (Music that stays)
- Irama – “La ragazza con il cuore di latta” (The girl with a tin heart)
- Loredana Bertè – “Cosa ti aspetti di me” (What do you expect of me)
- Mahmood – TBD
- Motta – “Dov’è Italia” (Where is Italy)
- Negrita – I ragazzi stanno bene (The kids are all right)
- Nek – “Mi farò trovare pronto” (I will make myself ready)
- Nino D’Angelo & Livio Cori – Un’altra luce (Another light)
- Paola Turci – “L’ultimo ostacolo” (The last obstacle)
- Patty Pravo & Briga – Un po’ come la vita (A little like life)
- Simone Cristicchi – “Abbi cura di me” (Take care of me)
- Ultimo – “I tuoi particolari” (Your details)
- Zen Circus – “L’amore è una dittatura” (Love is a dictatorship)
Many of those names will be familar to those who follow Sanremo, but one of the most notable names for Eurovision fans is Il Volo, the group that represented Italy at Eurovision 2015 and finished in third place. They are back for Sanremo 2019 with the song Musica che resta.
Which artists are you most excited to see in the line-up?
Watch their 2018 performance below: