The sixteen artists competing at Festival da Canção have now been announced, and their songs are available. The winner of the competition will go on to represent Portugal at Eurovision this year, which will be held in Tel Aviv, Israel.
Earlier in the season, the songwriters of the competition were revealed, and now the artists have been named with their songs also released. The songwriters also had the opportunity to perform their own entries, and out of the sixteen, 6 will be performing their own songs, including Calema, Conan Osiris, Filipe Keil, Mariana Bragada, NBC and Surma.
Performing in the first semi-final will be:
- Calema – A Dois (To two)
- Conan Osíris – Telemóveis (Mobile phones)
- João Campos – É O Que É (It is what it is)
- Ana Cláudia – Inércia (Inertia)
- Filipe Keil – Hoje (Today)
- Ela Limão – Mais Brilhante Que Mil Sóis (Brighter than a thousand suns)
- Soraia Tavares – O Meu Sonho (My dream)
- Matay – Perfeito (Perfect)
Performing in the second semi-final will be:
- Lara Laquiz – O Lugar (The place)
- Madrepaz – Mundo A Mudar (World to change)
- Mariana Bragada – Mar Doce (Sweet sea)
- Dan Riverman – Lava
- NBC – Igual A Ti (Like you)
- Mila Dores – Debaixo Do Luar (Underneath the moonlight)
- Marlon – O Jantar (The dinner)
- Surma – Pugna(Struggle)
The hosts of the first semi-final will be Sónia Araújo and Tânia Ribas de Oliveira, while the second semi-final will be hosted by Jorge Gabriel and José Carlos Malato. The Grand Final will be hosted by Vasco Palmeirim and Filomena Cautela.
The semi-finals will take place on the 16th and 23rd of February respectively, and the final will take place on the 2nd of March.
Stay tuned for more news, and tell us what you think of the songs! Watch their 2018 entry below: