Spanish Broadcaster RTVE unveiled the participants for their new selection format, Benidorm Fest. A total of 14 participants will compete to represent Spain at Eurovision in 2022.
Originally, only 12 participants were due to compete. As a result of the quality of submissions, the number was increased to 14. The broadcaster received a total of 886 submissions. The competing entries represent a broad range of styles.
The competing artists and songs are:
- Azúcar Moreno – “Postureo” (Posing)
- Blanca Paloma – “Secreto del agua” (Secret of water)
- Chanel – “Slo mo”
- Gonzalo Hermida – “Quién lo diría” (Who would say it)
- Javiera Mena – “Culpa” (Fault)
- Luna Ki – “Quiero Morir” (I want to die)
- Marta Sango -.”Sigues en mi mente” (You stay in my mind)
- Rayden – “Calle de la llorería” (Crying street)
- Rigoberta Bandini – “Ay Mama” (O Mum)
- Sara Deop – “Make you say”
- Tanxugueiras – “Terra” (Land)
- Unique – “Mejores” (Better)
- Varry Brava – “Raffaella”
- Xeinn – “Eco” (Echo)
Eurovision fans may recognise Azúcar Moreno, as they represented Spain at Eurovision in 1990. The act finished in fifth place with the song ‘Bandido’.
The 14 entries will compete across two semi-finals. Four songs will qualify from each semi-final. The voting consists of jury voting (60% Spanish jurors and 40% international jurors) and public voting. The exact dates of the competition are not known, however it is expected to take place in January.