Maltese broadcaster PBS have now announced that 14 year-old Eliana Gomez Blanco will represent Malta at the upcoming edition of Junior Eurovision.
A national selection was held to determine the singer that will represent Malta at Junior Eurovision, with the competing entry to be decided at a later date. Performances of the 12 participating national finalists were broadcast on television and on social media, with the public encouraged to vote for their favourites. The winner was decided by 50% jury vote and 50% public vote.
Here is the full list of participants and the songs they performed for the selection:
- Aiden Aquilina Cohen – Loved Either Way
- Amy Pace – Rise Up
- Eksenia Sammut – Always Remember Us This Way
- Eliana Gomez Blanco – Sto Male
- Francesca Borg – Seven Nation Army
- Kristy Spiteri – Never Enough
- Leah Cauchi – Illejla (tonight)
- Martina Cutajar – Dynasty
- Maya Cauchi – Creep (Postmodern Jukebox)
- Shania Cauchi – O Mio Babbino Caro
- Yarin Coleiro – The Power of Love
- Yulan Law – Speechless
Finishing in second place was Leah Cauchi, and in third was Martina Cutajar. Watch the recap of performances below:
This will not be Eliana’s first international event, having represented Malta at various international festivals. She has also won ‘Għanja Tal-Poplu Żgħażagħ 2018, and was also a finalist in the 2018 Maltese Junior Eurovision selection.
Aside from music, Eliana studies hard in the hopes of becoming a Doctor, and is also passionate about hairdressing and will be sitting her final exam in September.
Stay tuned for more news on the Maltese Junior Eurovision entry.