The Russian Junior Eurovision national selection has taken place, where a total of 11 artists performed with the aim of becoming the next Junior Eurovision representative.
The participants performed original entries and were voted on by both the public and a jury. The public voting was done online prior to the national final broadcast.
Here are the participants:
- Alisa Pritochkina – ‘Warrior of Love’
- Daniil Khachaturov – ‘Life’
- Kseniya Kushner – ‘Girls don’t Cry’
- Like Teens – ‘Daddy’s Daughter’
- Margarita Stryukova – ‘In My Sky’
- Mariya Mirova – ‘The Way to Dream’
- Maryana Titova – ‘We Are Legends’
- Mikhail Naginskiy – ‘Superhero’
- Nikita Moroz – ‘Nikita and Friends’
- Tatyana Mezhentseva & Denberel Oorzhak – ‘A Time for Us’
- Yuliya Solnyshkova – ‘Bright Light’
The kids jury consisted of Anna Filipchuk, Polina Bogusevich, Mikhail Smirnov, Alisa Kozhikina and Arina Danilova. All but the latter represented Russia at Junior Eurovision, with Polina Bogusevich also winning the contest in 2017. Arina Danilova was a participant in the Voice Kids.
The top three picks from the online vote were Tatyana Mezhentseva & Denberel Oorzhak, who received the 12 points, followed by Daniil Khachaturov and Nikita Moroz with 10 and 8 points respectively.
With the jury votes combined, it was revealed that Tatyana Mezhentseva & Denberel Oorzhak would represent Russia with the song ‘A Time For Us.’