The Moldovan national selection has now taken place, with 19 acts taking to the stage in the hopes of becoming the nation’s next Eurovision representative. Originally, 20 acts were selected to compete, however ahead of the show, former Eurovision participant and national final returnee Geta Burlacu withdrew from the competition.
Here is the line-up:
- Denis Midone – Like A Champion
- Natalia Gordienko – Prison
- Viorela Moraru – Remedy
- Valentin Uzun și Irina Kovalsky – Moldovița
- Lavinia Rusu – Touch
- Dima Jelezoglo – Do It Slow
- Diana Rotaru – Dale Dale
- Pasha Parfeny – My Wine
- Live Beat – Love Me Now
- Valeria Pașa – It’s Time
- Maria Ciolac – Our Home
- Sasha Letty – Summer Of Love
- Irina Kit – Chain Reaction
- Petronela Donciu și Portărescu Andreea – We Will Be Legends
- LANJERON – Hi Five
- Julia Ilienko ft. Mishel Dar – Tears
- Catarina Sandu – Die For You
- Alexandru Cibotaru – Cine Te-a Făcut Să Plângi
- Maxim Zavidia – Take Control
The voting consisted of jury and televote. The jury gave their top points to Natalia Gordienko, followed by Pasha Parfeny and Maxim Zavidia. The public voted overwhelmingly for Natalia Gordienko, receiving 3022 votes. In second with the public was Pasha Parfey who received 1617 votes, followed by Catarina Sandu who received 824. With the votes combined, it was clear that Natalia had won with her song, Prison.
This is not Natalia’s first experience with Eurovision, having participated in 2006 together with Arsenium. They performed the song Loca, and finished in 20th place in the final.
Listen to ‘Prison’ below: