Bulgaria is one step closer to selecting their Eurovision 2021 entry, with the next Bulgarian entry to be one of the songs featured on VICTORIA’s recently released EP, ‘a little dramatic’. The selection was originally set to take place internally, however it was then decided that the public would have a say in which song will represent the nation at this year’s contest.
A total of 6 songs are in the running to represent Bulgaria this year, with all 6 songs now available on YouTube. Broadcaster BNT launched an online platform for the public to provide feedback on each of the songs, with VICTORIA also active on social media asking questions and responding to commenters. The feedback received from the public will be taken into consideration alongside feedback from various focus groups.
Here are the six competing entries:
- Dive into Unknown (Victoria Georgieva, Lukas Oscar, Pauline Skött, Borislav Milanov, Peter St James)
- Growing Up Is Getting Old (Victoria Georgieva, Maya Nalani, Helena Larsson, Oliver Björkvall)
- Imaginary Friend (Victoria Georgieva, Cornelia Wiebols, Irma Eriksson Wadström, Oliver Björkvall)
- Phantom Pain (Helena Larsson, Victoria Georgieva, Oliver Björkvall)
- The Funeral Song (Helena Larsson, Victoria Georgieva, Christopher Samuels, Nellie Fors, Oliver Björkvall)
- Ugly Cry (Victoria Georgieva, Billen Ted, Martin Masarov)
The deadline for giving feedback is the 28th of February. You can provide feedback on the songs here.