In an exciting Melodifestivalen semi-final, the next Swedish Eurovision representative has been crowned. Last year’s winners The Mamas competed in the selection with the hopes of returning to Eurovision, but alas they will not be returning this year.
Here is the full line-up from the final:
- Danny Saucedo – Dandi dansa
- Klara Hammarström – Beat of Broken Hearts
- The Mamas – In The Middle
- Paul Rey – The Missing Piece
- Charlotte Perrelli – Still Young
- Tusse – Voices
- Alvaro Estrella – Baila Baila
- Clara Klingenström – Behöver inte dig idag
- Eric Saade – Every Minute
- Dotter – Little Tot
- Arvingarna – Tänker inte alls gå hem
The voting consisted of both jury and televote, with this year’s final receiving a record number of votes. Achieving the highest number of public votes was Tusse, with almost 3 million votes cast for his performance of Voices. The Mamas followed in the public voting, and then Clara Klingenström finished in third with the public. The jury placed Tusse in the top position, followed by Eric Saade and Dotter. With the points combined, it was clear that Tusse would be representing Sweden at Eurovision this year.
Watch the performance below: