The Ukrainian Eurovision selection has now taken place, with Olena Usenko winning the ticket to Paris. She will sing ‘Vazhil’ at the contest.
The contest was filmed prior to broadcast, and featured a total of 11 competitors. Realina was set to compete, however withdrew prior to the contest. Here is the full list of competitors:
- Arseniy Grischenko – ‘Redemption’
- Anastayia Doroshenko (Nana Do) – ‘Svit nadliudei’ (The World of Super People)
- Daryna Zinchenko – ‘Save this world’
- Karina Kornuta – ‘Save this world’
- Darina Kryvenko – ‘Kosy khmarochosy’ (Skyscraping Braids)
- Veronika Morska – ‘Save this world’
- Yelizabeta Petryk – ‘Save this world’
- Darya Rebrova – ‘Make Me Happy’
- Sofia Skvaruk – ‘Golden Time’
- Mariya Tkachuk – ‘Pazly svitu’ (Puzzles of the World)
- Olena Usenko (Ellen Usenko) – ‘Vazhil’ (Leverage)
The acts that did not enter an original song performed ‘Save This World’.
A 50/50 mix of jury and televote determined the winner of the show. The jury featured five members, including Alyosha (Eurovision 2010) and Oleksandr Balabanov (Junior Eurovision 2020). The jury awarded their top points to Olena Usenko. Daryna Kryvenko finished second in the jury vote.
The televote awarded the top points to Olena, and as a result she secured her place at the top of the leaderboard. Daryna Kryvenko also finished in second with the televote. Veronika Morska finished in third place.
Watch the national final performance below: