The first twelve competing acts took to the stage for the first night of Sanremo. This is the 72nd edition of the contest, which also currently acts as the Eurovision selection format.
Live from the iconic Ariston Theatre, the first twelve acts performed their entries. At the end of the night, the acts were ranked with jury voting. The jury vote was split equally between a press & television jury, a web jury and a radio jury.
Here is the full ranking of the jury:
- Mahmood & Blanco – Brividi
- La Rappresentante di Lista – Ciao ciao
- Dargen D’Amico – Dove si balla
- Gianni Morandi – Apri tutte le porte
- Massimo Ranieri – Lettera di là dal mare
- Noemi – Ti amo non lo so dire
- Michele Bravi – Inverno dei fiori
- Rkomi – Insuperabile
- Achille Lauro – Domenica
- Giusy Ferreri – Miele
- Yuman – Ora e qui
- Ana Mena – Duecentomila ore
The remaining competitors will perform on Wednesday 2 February. The jury will vote on the next 13 acts, and then an overall jury ranking for all 25 acts will be revealed. These rankings will count to the final score. The final will take place on Saturday 5 February.