The Icelandic selection, Söngvakeppnin is complete, with Sigga, Beta & Elín winning with their song ‘Með hækkandi sól’.
A total of five acts competed in the final, with the selection taking place over two rounds. After all five performances, the top two were selected with a combination of jury and televoting. The two qualifiers faced off in the Superfinal, where the public determined the next Icelandic Eurovision entry.
Here are the finalists:
- Katla – “Þaðan af” (From there)
- Amarosis – “Don’t You Know”
- Reykjavíkurdætur – “Turn This Around”
- Stefán Óli – “Ljósið” (The light)
- Sigga, Beta & Elín – “Með hækkandi sól” (With the rising sun)
Qualifying to the second round were Reykjavíkurdætur and Sigga, Beta & Elín. Ultimately, it was Sigga, Beta & Elín who won the selection. They will represent Iceland at Eurovision in Turin, competing in the second half of the first semi-final.
Watch the performance below: