The first ever Eurovision national selection in Australia has taken place, where 10 talented acts performed their potential Eurovision entries in the hopes of becoming our next Eurovision representative.
Here is the full line-up:
- Ella Hooper – “Data Dust”
- Electric Fields – “2000 and Whatever”
- Mark Vincent – “This Is Not the End”
- Aydan Calafiore – “Dust”
- Courtney Act – “Fight For Love”
- Leea Nanos – “Set Me Free”
- Sheppard – “On My Way”
- Alfie Arcuri – “To Myself”
- Kate Miller-Heidke – “Zero Gravity”
- Tania Doko – “Piece of Me”
The show was opened by Casey Donovan who performed Guy Sebastian’s 5th place getting Eurovision entry, Tonight Again, and the show was hosted by Joel Creasey and Myf Warhurst. After all the competing performances, we also saw Dami Im take to the stage to perform her Eurovision entry Sound of Silence, and also her new track, Dreamer.
The voting of the show consisted of both public vote and jury vote both of which held 50% weight. The jury votes were revealed first, and then televotes were added to the score and it was decided that Kate Miller-Heidke would represent Australia at Eurovision with Zero Gravity.
Coming in second place was Electric Fields, followed by Sheppard.
Watch the performance below: