The first semi-final in Iceland has taken place where the first five artists have performed their potential Eurovision entries.
From this semi-final, only two acts qualified to the final, although the broadcaster has the option to select a wildcard once both semi-finals are complete. The results were decided by both jury and televote.
Here is the line-up:
- Hatari – Hatrið mun sigra (Hatari)
- Hera Björk – Eitt andartak / Moving On (Örlygur Smári, Hera Björk Þórhallsdóttir & Valgeir Magnússon)
- Kristina Skoubo Bærendsen – Ég á mig sjálf / Mama Said (Sveinn Rúnar Sigurðsson & Valgeir Magnússon)
- Þórdís Imsland – Nú og hér / What Are You Waiting For? (Svala Björgvinsdóttir, Bjarki Ómarsson / Stefán Hilmarsson)
- Daníel Óliver – Samt ekki / Licky Licky (Daníel Óliver Sveinsson, Linus Josefsson and Peter von Arbin)
The qualifiers from this week include Hatari and Hera Björk, the latter having represented Iceland back in 2010 with the song Je Ne Sais Quoi.
Next week we will know the next two qualifiers, and we will also know whether the broadcaster will select a wildcard, bringing the final number of acts to five.