The dates and host cities for Melodifestivalen 2020 have now been revealed.
Swedish broadcaster SVT have announced the competition dates as well as where each show will be hosted for the 2020 edition of the contest. The show will begin on February 1st and will continue through to March 7th. As usual, the final will be held in the nation’s capital, Stockholm.
Here are the dates:
- Semi-Final 1 (Linköping) – February 1st
- Semi-Final 2 (Gothenburg) – February 8th
- Semi-Final 3 (Luleå) – February 15th
- Semi-Final 4 (Malmö) – February 22nd
- Andra Chansen (Eskilstuna) – February 29th
- Final (Stockholm) – March 7th
This year marks the 60th anniversary of the competition, and SVT promises a spectacular show. Tickets will go on sale on the 31st of October at 9am.
The first participant of Melodifestivalen was selected recently through the competition P4 Nästa. Although not winning the contest, Amanda Aasa was chosen to advance through to Melodifestivalen where she will perform a new song in one of the four semi-finals.