After a public submission period, the Croatian broadcaster has now announced the 16 finalists who will take part in the Croatian national selection, Dora. The selection will take place on the 29th of February, where the winner will go on to represent the nation at Eurovision.
There will be 16 participants in the selection, however the broadcaster selected a further 4 artists who will be backups in case of any of the participants withdrawing from the competition, one of which has already replaced Goran Karan.
The song titles are known, however the songs are yet to be revealed.
Here is the line-up:
- Marin Jurić Čivro – Naivno
2. Elis Lovrić – Jušto
3. Edi Abazi – Coming Home
4. Mia Negovetić – When It Comes To You
5. Colonia – Zidina
6. Zdenka Kovačićek – Love, Love, Love
7. Lorenzo feat Dino Purić & Reper Iz Sobe – Vrati Se Iz Irske
8. Jure Brkljača – Hajde Nazovi Me!
9. Damir Kedžo – Divlji Vjetre
10. Lorena Bućan – Drowning
11. Alen Vitasović & B. Matija Čerina – Da Se Ne Zatare
12. Aklea Neon – Zovi Ju Mama
13. Indira – You Will Never Break My Heart
14. Nikola Marjanović – Let’s Forgive
15. Đana – One
16. Bojan Jambrošić – Više Od Riječi
The three backup artists are:
1. Marcela Orosi – Let Me Break Your Heart
2. Dino Petrić – Što si meni ti
3. Singrlice – Zavičaj
Former Croatian representative Goran Karan was originally reported as one of the participants, however has since withdrawn from the competition due to questions of eligibility of his entry. Other familiar names in the line-up include Lorena Bućan, who performed ‘Tower of Babylon’ in the previous Dora selection and finished as the runner up. Also returning is Jure Brkljača and Bojan Jambrošić who finished 8th and 9th respectively.