After an exciting, but lengthy week of Sanremo, we finally have a winner. A total of 26 acts competed in the prestigious Italian song festival, and as we know, the winner usually gets the first invite to become the Eurovision representative.
Here is the full list of participants in the Campioni section, including where they placed overall:
- Aiello – Ora (25th)
- Annalisa – Dieci (7th)
- Arisa – Potevi fare di più (10th)
- Bugo – E invece sì (24th)
- Colapesce e Dimartino – Musica leggerissima (4th)
- Coma_Cose – Fiamme negli occhi (20th)
- Ermal Meta – Un milione di cose da dirti (3rd)
- Extraliscio feat. Davide Toffolo – Bianca Luce Nera (12th)
- Fasma – Parlami (18th)
- Francesca Michielin e Fedez – Chiamami per nome (2nd)
- Francesco Renga – Quando trovo te (22nd)
- Fulminacci –Santa Marinella (16th)
- Gaia – Cuore amaro (19th)
- Ghemon – Momento perfetto (21st)
- Gio Evan – Arnica (23rd)
- Irama – La genesi del tuo colore (5th)
- La Rappresentante di Lista – Amare (11th)
- Lo Stato Sociale – Combat Pop (13th)
- Madame – Voce (8th)
- Malika Ayane – Ti piaci così (15th)
- Måneskin – Zitti e buoni (1st)
- Max Gazzè e Trifluoperazina Monstery Band –Il farmacista (17th)
- Noemi – Glicine (14th)
- Orietta Berti – Quando ti sei innamorato (9th)
- Random – Torno a te (26th)
- Willie Peyote – Mai dire mai (La locura) (6th)
After the first round of voting, the top 3 entered a Superfinal, where they would face another televote. The televote would be combined with the vote from an expert jury, as well as a press jury. Winning the televote was Måneskin with a significant margin of 53.50%. In second with the televote was Francesca Michielin and Fedez, and Ermal Meta was third. With all the points combined, Måneskin was the winner with their song Zitti e Buoni.
The group has since confirmed that they will be representing Italy at Eurovision this year. Italy is part of the Big 5, meaning they are already pre-qualified for the final.
Måneskin was formed in Rome, and consists of lead vocalist Damiano David, bassist Victoria De Angelis, guitarist Thomas Raggi and drummer Ethan Torchio. The rock group rose to fame on the 11th season of talent show, X Factor Italia back in 2017, where they finished as runners-up. Their debut single ‘Chosen’ was showcased during the X Factor season, and ended up charting at number 2 on the FIMI singles chart. The group’s first album and single ‘Torna a Casa’ topped the charts.