The eight entries in the running to represent Denmark are now out, with Dansk Melodi Grand Prix to take place on March 5th. Tina Müller and Martin Brygmann will host the show which will take place in Herning.
This year’s competition will feature a different voting process. The broadcaster DR introduced a new app, where fans are able to vote for their favourite songs in the week leading up to the event. Voting opens on the 28th of February and will close on the app on the 4th of March. Danes can cast 1 vote per day. These votes will be added to the public vote during the show.
The top 3 artists on the night will perform again, and then the Danish viewers will be able to vote for their favourite entry. The winner will represent the nation at Eurovision this year.
Here are the competing acts:
- Morten Fillipsen – Happy Go Lucky
- Fuld Effekt – Rave med de hårde drenge (Rave with the tough boys)
- REDDI – The Show
- Patrick Dorgan – Vinden suser ind (The wind blows in)
- Josie, Elinor, Jack Warren – Let me go
- Der var engang – En skønne dag (Someday)
- Conf3ssions – Hallelujah
- Juncker – Kommet for at blive (Come to stay)
You can listen to the entries here.
For the first time in two years, a live audience will be present. Tickets are currently on sale for the show.