As we approach this year’s Junior Eurovision Song Contest, more news is being released on how nations will be selecting their entries. Malta was next in line to discuss their Junior Eurovision plans, with the broadcaster announcing the participants competing in a national final.
Maltese Broadcaster PBS have announced the 16 finalists who will compete for the opportunity to represent Malta at Junior Eurovision this year, which will be held in Minsk, Belarus. The national final will take place on September 8th, and for the first time since 2010, the competitors will sing original songs.
Here are the 16 finalists:
- Giorgia Borg – 10
- Thea Aquilina – Back to My Freedom
- Isaac Spiteri – Bonfire Nights
- Yarin Coleiro – Can You Be The One
- Kylie Meilak – Crystals
- Lora Grech – Finish Line
- Jahel Cardona – Home
- Riona Degiorgio – Infinity
- Ela Mangion – Marchin’ On
- Eliana Gomez Blanco – Music Takes Control
- Kristy Spiteri – Nann
- Luana Schembri – No Rest for the Wicked
- Albert-Lauren Agius – Paper Boats
- Zaira Mifsud – Shout Now
- Katryna Borg and Rihana Azzopardi – The Puppet and the Clown
- Aiden Aquilina Cohen – Wherever You Go
Interestingly there are some familiar names in that line up! Thea Aqulina, Kylie Meliak, Jahel Cardona and Riona Degiorgio all participated in last year’s national final for Junior Eurovision, however were beaten by the eventual representative Gianluca Cilia who represented Malta with the song Dawra Tond.