We are moving into the peak of the national final season, and each weekend remaining of the season is bound to be packed with excitement as many of the participating nations will be either beginning, continuing or concluding their national selections.
Tonight, no less than seven shows will be held across Europe, including the first semi-final of Melodifestivalen. Here’s a run-down of what you can expect tonight:
Today the audition stage for the Moldovan national selection will take place, where the participants will be performing their songs live. This audition stage will be judged by a jury who will score the performances from 0 to 12 points based on the melody, originality, the vocal performance and the interpretation of the song.
The broadcaster will be streaming the auditions from 11:00 CET, and you can follow them live at trm.md
Check out the full list of participants here.
The second semi-final of Eesti Laul will take place tonight with the final qualifiers to be decided. The show will be held at the University of Tartu and will begin at 18:00 CET. Tonight there will be 12 participants performing, with the running order below:
- Synne Valtri – “I’ll Do It My Way”
- Iseloomad – “Kaks Miinust”
- Lumevärv ft. INGA – “Milline päev”
- Sissi – “Strong”
- Cätlin Mägi & Jaan Pehk – “Parmumäng”
- Kadiah – “Believe”
- Kaia Tamm – “Wo sind die Katzen?”
- Kerli Kivilaan – “Cold Love”
- Grete Paia – “Kui isegi kaotan”
- Lacy Jay – “Halleluja”
- Around The Sun – “Follow Me Back”
- Uku Suviste – “Pretty Little Liar”
Six artists will qualify to the final, and they will join the qualifiers from the first semi-final. Read more about the first semi-final results here.
Georgia will continue with the live shows of Georgian Idol, with eight artists remaining in the competition. The public will get to decide which singers make it to the next stage, and the eventual winner of the competition will represent Georgia at Eurovision this year. The show will take place at 19:00 CET.
Here are the remaining artists:
- Ikako Aleksidze
- Dima Kobeshavidze
- Liza Kalandadze
- Nini Tsnobiladze
- Giorgi Pruidze
- Giorgi Nakashidze
- Oto Nemsadze
- Tamar Lachkhepiani
We are up to Heat Three in Hungary, with the final 10 participants to perform their entries tonight. As with previous weeks, there will be five jury qualifiers, and after there will be a public vote with the remaining acts in order to decide on the sixth and final qualifier. The show will begin at 19:30 CET.
Here are the competing artists:
- Bogi Nagy – Holnap
- Joci Pápai – Az én apám
- Kyra – Maradj még
- Leander Kills – Hazavágyom
- Mocsok 1 Kölykök – Egyszer
- Monyo Project – Run Baby Run
- Petruska – Help Me Out Of Here
- Ruby Harlem – Forró
- Salvus – Barát
- USNK – Posztolj
This week marks the fourth heat of Eurovizijos, where the next 11 acts will perform their potential Eurovision entries. The show will be broadcast from 20:00 CET.
Here is the line-up:
- Valerija Iljinaitė – “Scars are Beautiful”
- Indrė Juodeikienė – Bad Option”
- Alen Chicco – “Your Cure”
- Queens of Roses – “Runaway”
- Živilė Gedvilaitė – “Learn From Your Love”
- Elizabeth Olshey – “Never Enough”
- Gabrielė Rybko – “Lay it Down”
- Saulės kliošas – “Laiko mašina”
- Soliaris– “Song Of My Life”
- Monika Marija – “Light On”
- Henry & Tommy Modric – “Neverpart”
Tonight the first semi-final of Melodifestivalen will take place in the Scandinavium Arena in Gothenburg. Seven acts will be competing, with two acts to qualify directly to the final, while two will continue to the second chance ‘Andra Chansen’ round.
Here are the competitors:
- Nano – Chasing Rivers
- High 15 – No Drama
- Wiktoria – Not with Me
- Zeana feat. Anis don Demina – Mina bränder
- Arja Saijonmaa – Mina fyra årstider
- Mohombi – Hello
- Anna Bergendahl – Ashes to Ashes
The show will begin at 20:00 CET. You will be able to watch the show on SVT play. Listen to the snippets here.
Israel will be continuing their national selection this weekend, and the competition is now at the quarterfinal stages. The eight remaining acts will be paired into four duels, where the winners of the duels will continue to the next stage. The two acts with the lowest scores will be eliminated. The show will begin at 20:15 CET.
Here are the remaining acts:
- Ofri Calfon
- Daniel Barzilai
- Maya Buskila
- Shalva Band
- Avraham de Carvalho
Supernova will continue tonight with the second semi-final taking place. Eight artists will perform tonight for just four remaining places in the final. The voting will consist of 50% televote and 50% jury vote. The show will begin at 20:25 CET.
Here are the competing acts:
- Adriana Miglane – Scared of Love
- Markus Riva – You Make Me So Crazy
- Dziļi Violets feat. Kozmens – Tautasdziesma
- Laika Upe – Listen to the Way that I Breathe
- Double Faced Eels – Fire
- Kristiāna – Remedy
- Peress – Smaragdi un pelni
- Carousel – That Night
Read more about the results of the first semi-final here.