The Latvian broadcaster has now announced the 26 shortlisted participants for this year’s edition of Supernova, the selection used for Eurovision in Latvia. A total of 126 entries were received by the broadcaster, which was a record.
Unlike in previous years, this year’s edition will feature of one final, rather than using semi-finals in the lead-up. The 26 participants now named are part of a shortlist, with a jury panel selecting just 8 for the live final. Televoters will only be involved for the live final, however the jury selecting the 8 finalists prior to the live show will also take into consideration the feedback of the songs via platforms such as YouTube.
The songs that will be participating in the final will be revealed on January 16th.
Here are the participants:
- Elizabeth Gaile – For You
- Liva – Not That Important To You
- Annemarija Moiseja – Undo
- Celeste – Like Me
- Rūta Ķergalve – Izgaismots
- Laika Upe – All My Roads
- Audiokvartāls – Connection
- Toms Kalderauskis – Be My Truth
- Markus Riva – Impossible
- Katrīna Bindere – I Will Break Your Heart
- Shanti – Voices In My Mind
- Madara – Māras zeme
- Samanta Tīna – Still Breathing
- Sabīne Blūma-Blūmane – Beauty Will Save The World
- Maia – Make It Real
- Edgars Kreilis – Tridymite
- Katrīna Dimanta – Heart Beats
- Antra Stafecka un Atis Ieviņš – Coming Over
- Aivo Oskis – Dive Deep
- Bad Habits – Sail With You
- ANNNA – Polyester
- Alise Haijima – Me Me Song
- DRIKSNA – Stay
- Miks Dukurs –I’m Falling For You
- Alekss Silvers – Again
- Signe and Janis – Inner Light
Markus Riva once again joins the line-up, having participated in the Latvian national selection since 2014, however unsuccessful each year. Katrīna Dimanta returns to the selection as a soloist, having previously represented Latvia at Eurovision with the group Aarzemnieki.
Other returning participants include Edgars Kreilis, Miks Dukurs and Samanta Tīna among others.
Listen to the competing entries here.