Icelandic broadcaster RÚV revealed the ten competing artists in the upcoming edition of Söngvakeppnin, the Icelandic Eurovision selection.
Five entrants will compete in each of the two semi-finals, with just two qualifying from each semi-final. A jury will select the fifth finalist among the non-qualifiers.
In the final, the first-round voting consists of a 50/50 split of jury and televote. The top two acts will advance to a superfinal, where the winner is selected by 100% televoting.
Here are the competitors:
- Amarosis – “Don’t you know”
- Stefán Óli – “Ljósið” (The light)/ “All I know”
- Haffi Haff – “Gía” / “Volcano”
- Stefanía Svavarsdóttir – “Hjartað mitt” (My heart) / “Heart of mine”
- Sigga, Beta & Elín – “Með hækkandi sól” (With the rising sun)
- Hanna Mia and the Astrotourists – “Séns með þér” (See you soon) / “Gemini”
- Katla – “Þaðan af” (From there) / “Then again”
- Markéta Irglová – “Mögulegt” (Possible) / “Possible”
- Reykjavikurdaetur – “Tökum af stað” (Let’s get started) / “Turn this around”
- Suncity and Sanna – “Hækkum í botn” (Let’s go to the bottom) / “Keep it cool”
In the semi-finals, the artists must sing the Icelandic versions of their entries. In the final, the artists may select to perform in either Icelandic or English, whichever they intend to perform at Eurovision should they win.