The Portuguese selection is complete, with Maro winning the ticket to Turin. She will sing ‘saudade, saudade’ at Eurovision this year.
After two exciting semi-finals, a total of ten acts remained in the Festival da Canção final. The voting consisted of both jury and public vote, both worth 50%.
The final line-up is as follows:
- Pongo & Tristany – “DÉGRÁ.DÊ” (DEGRADED)
- Syro – “Ainda nos Temos” (We still have)
- Milhanas – “Corpo de Mulher” (Body of a woman)
- Inês Homem de Melo – “Fome de Viagem” (Wanderlust)
- Aurea – “Why?”
- Os Quatro e Meia – “Amanhã” (Tomorrow)
- FF – “Como É Bom Esperar Alguém” (How good it is to wait for someone)
- Diana Castro – “Ginger Ale”
- Maro – “saudade, saudade” (Longing, longing)
- Pepperoni Passion – “Código 30” (Code 30)
The overall jury vote consisted of points from seven statistical regions of Portugal. Receiving the most points from the jury was Maro. In second with the jury was Diana Castro, followed by Milhanas.
Maro also topped the public vote. In second with the public was Os Quatro e Meia, followed by FF.
With the points combined, Maro achieved the perfect score, meaning she would represent Portugal at Eurovision this year. In second place was Os Quatro e Meia, followed by FF in third place.
Watch the winning performance below: