Linnea Henriksson, Lina Hedlund and David Sundin will host the upcoming edition of Melodifestivalen. Linnea Henriksson is a singer/songwriter who became known due to her participation in Idol back in 2010, where she finished 4th. Lina Hedlund is known for multiple participations at Melodifestivalen, including in 2019 where she competed with the song ‘Victorious’. David Sundin is an actor and comedian who has worked on Melodifestivalen in the past as a screenwriter.
Here are the dates and host cities:
- Semi-Final 1 (Linköping) – February 1st
- Semi-Final 2 (Gothenburg) – February 8th
- Semi-Final 3 (Luleå) – February 15th
- Semi-Final 4 (Malmö) – February 22nd
- Andra Chansen (Eskilstuna) – February 29th
- Final (Stockholm) – March 7th
The first participant of Melodifestivalen was selected recently through the competition P4 Nästa. Although not winning the contest, Amanda Aasa was chosen to advance through to Melodifestivalen where she will perform a new song in one of the four semi-finals.
Stay tuned for more news!