Over the last month, a series of heats and second chance rounds has taken place in Slovenia to determine which acts would progress to the EMA Freš finals.
A total of 14 acts will compete in the hopes of joining the main EMA competition. Just four acts will be chosen to join the main EMA competition, where the winner will represent Slovenia at Eurovision in 2022.
Two televised shows will take place with the EMA Freš finalists to perform their entries live. Here are the competing acts:
- Stela Sofia – Tu in zdaj (Here and now)
- LPS – Disko (Disco)
- Jon Vitezič – Jesus Style
- Ina – Moj dopamin (My dopamine)
- Jaka Hliš – Svoje sreče krojač (Your luck tailor)
- LUMA – All In
- Leya Leanne – Naked
- De Liri – Obstajam (I exist)
- Marijan Novak and Špela Velikanje – I Am So in Love
- Katja Kos – Deadly Flower
- Emma – Moja sreča (My happiness)
- Anja Vodošek – Maniac
- Mia Vučković – Telenovela
- Nika S. – Počakaj me (Wait for me)
The two shows will take place in January. Two songs will qualify from each show, one selected by the public and one by a jury. The winners of these shows will complete alongside these sixteen EMA finalists.